Friday, December 21, 2012

Victoria's Secret Hydrating Body Lotion in Pear Glacé

Image courtesy of Google.

I don't shop Victora's Secret often. I go there once in a blue moon when I get the 'free panty' coupon in the mail. I certainly don't go there for beauty products. So when I got a tester of Victoria's Secret lotion in Pear Glacé, I set it in my dresser never to really be touched. Well, it turns out I'm having some issues with the Ulta Smoothies Body Cream, mainly every time I put it on, I either itch, or have no moisturizing effect (the jury is still out as to if I'll bother using this one up or selling it). So, I dug this out to give it a test run.

First off, it comes out super watery. It's sort of the consistency of a melted milkshake, without all the tasty goodness. So I didn't expect it to be hydrating at all. And truthfully, it wasn't. It left another disgusting film on my skin, and made me feel uncomfortable. It was greasy on the hands, and all around unpleasant.

"But it smells good, right?" WRONG. It smells as if someone took a pear, took a bottle of really cheap vodka, put the pear in said vodka, and left it there for a week. Then, they fished the pear out, and rinsed it in some equally cheap alcohol. Do you get my drift? It reeks of alcohol. To the point where my poor, sensitive nose can't stand it, and the scent is causing me a headache.

Suffice to say, I don't think I'll be going back to VS for their body products, even if my little tester had just gone bad.

Would I repurchase it? ;; No.
 Where you can buy it ;; Victoria's Secret
Normal Price ;; $12

This review is independent and in no way shape or form affiliated with Victoria's Secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment