Saturday, December 29, 2012

Freeman Feeling Beautiful Facial Peel-Off Mask in Cucumber

Image courtesy of Google.
So today, I discovered I had a phobia. A stupid one, but a phobia none the less. I have a phobia of tongue piercings. I hate them with every fiber of my being. They look gross in my personal opinion, and make me cringe at the thought of getting one. I cannot look at someone that has one while they talk.  I mean no offense to anyone, but I find them utterly repulsive, and the idea of them makes me shake like a leaf and get ill to my stomach.

A friend of mine got one, and so far my only thoughts are 'take it out, take it out, take it out for the love of all that is good remove it and throw it away'. But, I can't say that, and that would also be extremely selfish of me. I'm trying to be supportive, but I've told them that I won't look at them while they speak, and that if they ask for advice, one of my two answers will be to remove it. I'm at the point where I'm willing to say, 'you remove yours and I'll remove mine' because I know my monroe bothers them.

 And that's monumental, as I've had my monroe going on three years, and love it to pieces. ( I literally fought my last job, a sub shop that's is supposedly extremely fast with deliveries, tooth and nail to keep it as we're not allowed any piercings. I kept a retainer in, even though they said not to. I also had to have the back surgically cut out as the piercer tightened it too much and made it so that the lip HEALED around the back).

I've literally been shaking for two days because these past two days have been complaints about their piercing. Anger, fear, depression, PMS. So, I've tried pampering myself. I haven't had time for a face mask what with the holidays this past week, and I decided today would be a good day to pamper myself.

I mentioned having this mask a while back, and have finally decided to review it. I've been using it usually at least once a week, and until today, when I actually had time to sit with it on my face and think, or in other words 'try to get my mind off of the problem at hand'.

It has a strong 'so natural it's unnatural' scent, chemical and cloying. Not NEARLY as bad as that awful Que Bella mask, as I don't think anything could be that terrible, but still it doesn't smell like roses, as the saying goes. It's easy enough to overlook though, and the scent fades within seconds of the finished application.

It is a tad difficult to get it to apply evenly, as it is a gel and tends to go one way when you want it to go another. But once it does apply, it's nice and cooling. It feels wonderful on my skin.

The best part, in my humble opinion, is peeling it off. I am one of those disgusting people that peels EVERYTHING. Nail polish, paint, and yes, sunburn. Though I haven't recently. I find this is a safer, less nasty alternative. I can't get it to peel in one giant sheet, but one day I will!

Once it's removed and I've rinsed my face, my face has a nice, dewy glow to it, and doesn't feel dry or tight. Win on your part, Freeman. I'm definitely willing to try their other masks, and actually look forward to it.

Would I repurchase it? ;; Yes.
 Where you can buy it ;; Your local drugstore.
Normal Price ;; $4 - $6

This review is independent and in no way shape or form affiliated with pH Beauty Labs, INC.

No comments:

Post a Comment