Sunday, December 9, 2012

Make Up For Ever HD Primer

Still in my PJs. It's been a rough day, so forgive the bedhead.
Alright, this was one of my goodies from Sephora, and it's about time I reviewed it, huh? Well, until recently, I didn't have a foundation I liked! The only foundation I actually had before picking up some Rimmel London Stay Matte pressed powder was a bloody awful can of Maybelline Dream Nude Air Foam, which I only really use during conventions for the fact that it is lightweight. Now I have something to cover the imperfections that foundation leaves behind.

But I digress, this post is about the primer, not my foundation troubles.

The primer itself isn't bad. It's a bit watery for my tastes, but once it dries, it feels fine. It also holds the makeup really well. To test that, I've kind of rubbed at my face to see if it will come off. Zip. Nada. Nothing. Not a single spec of my  powder has moved.

So, it does it's job, but what else does it do? It felt very hydrating, which is good because my skin felt overly dry today. But, when on by itself, I didn't see any 'microperfecting', which is promised on the package.
See? 'Microperfecting Primer'.
Perhaps that is with longterm use? I'm not sure, but short term, it doesn't do it. My pores were still visible, and so was my -- unfortunate -- stress acne and bumps. Luckily, you don't get to see those in the photos.

As a primer, I like it, but I haven't used primers in forever, so my journey begins here. As of now, I give this a thumbs up.

Would I repurchase it? ;;Yes
 Where you can buy it ;; Sephora
Normal Price ;; $34.00

This review is independent and in no way shape or form affiliated with Make Up Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment