Thursday, December 20, 2012

St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub

Image Courtesy of RealBeauty
So, I'm looking for a face scrub, as well as a new nightly wash to use after my Garnier runs out. Target got me again, and as I was browsing the Travel and Trial Size aisle, I spotted the St. Ives Green Tea Scrub. I figured why not, it's less than a dollar, and if I don't like it, well, I didn't spend that much. So, into my basket it went.

I've used St. Ives before. Their apricot scrub saved my life when I was cosplaying Homestuck, as the grey Ben Nye and sealant I used really stuck to my skin. I've also used a few of their body washes throughout the years, and I've never really been disappointed, although never super impressed at anything BUT the apricot scrub. Seriously, that troll makeup is a pain to remove!

So, I finally got a chance to use it twice, and I have to admit, I'm not all that impressed with this. While I do like the fact that the scrubbing particles are small, they stick to my skin after my first rinse, forcing me to rinse my face again. I also like the smell, as it's relaxing, and not a heavy medicinal scent.

The bad news? In the winter, it's awful, as so far I've found it tends to leave my face, as well as my fingers, extremely dry and tight after use. Moreso than any other face product I've used, which is a bummer, since I like how fine the scrub is.

As for reducing redness, as it says it's supposed to? I haven't seen significant improvement, though I don't have a real redness problem. My cheeks did look a little less pink after using this product versus my daily morning AcneFree use, but that's the only difference I can see. Overall, it's not worth it for me, and I don't think I'll be investing in a full size. Guess it's time to go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and scour their 'WALL OF TRIAL AND TRAVEL' (and yes, I made that up, but it's seriously a huge wall dedicated to these products!).

Would I repurchase it? ;; No.
 Where you can buy it ;; Your local drugstore
Normal Price ;; $4 - $6

This review is independent and in no way shape or form affiliated with Unilever.

No comments:

Post a Comment