Saturday, December 1, 2012

November Empties

Once again, no pictures -- sadly -- belong to me. Compliments of Google!

So, I see a lot of Empties posts on the beauty blogs I check religiously, and thought 'hey, that's a nifty idea'. It's always nice to see people use what they buy, what they think of it, etc. so I figured I'd do the same!I have a lot of products to get rid of (I get a lot for Christmas, my birthday, random gifts, whimsy purchases), and since I'm coming back onto the beauty scene for the first time since high school, I figured it's time to go out with the old and in with the new.

Onsen with Shichi Complex Daytime Bliss

Now, I don't have the complete kit, just the lotion. I discovered this lotion while packing for the move from Fort Wayne to Columbus. While I can't say it's my favorite lotion -- it feels clingy and suffocating at first, and doesn't smell like peppermint and eucalyptus at all! -- it did the job, and provided me with moisture all through the day and night.
What am I replacing it with? ;; Bath&Body Works Triple Moisture Body Cream in Moonlight Path

Would I repurchase it? ;; No.
Where you can buy it ;; onsensecret.com
Normal Price ;; This lotion is no longer for sale, but their other lotions go for around $17.95

Caswell-Massey Almond & Aloe Hand and Body Emulsion
Another little sample I found in the move. I love, love, love this product! It's super hydrating, and has a great smell that lasts for a long time. It's a shame the bottle we had was only 1flOz, and half empty. I would have been using it as my daily moisturizer instead of just for my hands.
What am I replacing it with? ;; Ulta Hand Cream in Candy Cane

Would I repurchase it? ;; Yes!
 Where you can buy it ;; caswellmassey.com
Normal Price ;; $14.00 for the hand cream, $20.00 for the lotion seen above.

Curel Natural Healing Soothing Moisture Lotion for Dry Skin
Okay, so I've had this lotion for a good four years maybe, and it's only travel size. Truthfully, it wasn't my favorite. It was too watery to begin with, and didn't really give me the moisture I needed during show choir season (and if you know anything about show choir, you know we're traveling every weekend, using so much product it hurts, and generally destroying our hair and skin). 
What am I replacing it with? ;; Ulta Hand Cream in Candy Cane

Would I repurchase it? ;; No.
 Where you can buy it ;; Any drugstore.
Normal Price ;;I've seen it for $8.49, but the prices vary.

What am I replacing it with? ;; Olay Silk Whimsy Moisturizing Body Wash with rose extract & almond oil

Crest Pro-Health Complete in Fresh Mint
I wasn't big on mouthwash -- or dental health at all, sad to say -- before I moved in with my dad. We picked this up, thinking 'oh good, something that WON'T burn when using it', but perhaps the burn is a good thing. This stuff tastes like soap, pure and simple, with maybe a HINT of mint. It doesn't leave your mouth fresh for very long, and everything we had to eat throughout the day actually tasted like soap as well.
What am I replacing it with? ;; ACT Anticavity in Mint

Would I repurchase it? ;; No.
 Where you can buy it ;; Any drugstore.
Normal Price ;; $4.68

This review is independent and in no way shape or form affiliated with the above companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment