Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Que Bella Self-Heating Clay Mask

Image courtesy of Que Bella Beauty
Just like with being new to the cloth face masks, I am new to any sort of facial mask whatsoever. So, while at Target, I was browsing their stocking stuffers for last minute gifts, and found this. While I do own a bottle of Freeman's Cucumber Peel-Off mask (review coming as soon as I know exactly how I feel about it), I am always up for trying new things. And at only two dollars, I couldn't help myself.

When I initially put it on, the first thing I noticed was the smell. It was downright awful. Truthfully, I almost rinsed it off right away because the smell was making me ill. Kind of like baking cocoa, and food that had been left out much too long. But, being the trooper I am -- that and I would be throwing away money that I actually earned -- I slathered it on my face, gagged a couple of times, and dealt with it.

The second thing was the self-heating element. When I overheat, I feel sick. When I feel sick, my face gets really hot and uncomfortable, and that's what this did at the initial touch. It made me feel like I had a touch of fever or something, which was entirely unpleasant as well. At that point, I just covered my face, and rinsed the rest of it down the drain. I had no intention of using the rest, and it's a one-time-use pouch.

Wearing the mask. I look like my face is melting off, and as you can see, this is one unhappy Gussie.
Both the smell and the heat faded for the most part, though I still caught a whiff of it now and then. It was do-able until I rinsed it off, when the smell came back in full blast, and left me with a very medicinal after-note one it was rinsed off.

I won't deny it left my face feeling lovely and moisturized, but for me, the smell and sensation are just not worth the wait, which is slightly disappointing as it is from Lancashire. Perhaps my love of England leaves me biased.

Would I repurchase it? ;; No.
 Where you can buy it ;; Target
Normal Price ;; $2.04

This review is independent and in no way shape or form affiliated with JA Cosmetics Corp.

No comments:

Post a Comment