Monday, December 3, 2012

The Quest to find the perfect body scrub ;; The Adventure Begins!

While not the product I bought, it's the closest thing I could find on the GuyDeOn website.
So, I finally tried out that body scrub I picked up yesterday while Christmas shopping. And I hate to say it, but I was disappointed again.

The GuyDeOn Dead Sea Body Scrub in Green Soft smells like a citrus-y dream, and so I was super excited to use it. However, the liquid all sat on the top, and the salt came out very watery, and hard to use. In fact, half of it, as I was applying it to my legs, ended up on the tub floor. Basically, all I have left is half a jar of salt scrub and a ton of the oils that was supposed to mix in with it - which it didn't, hard as I tried.

When I washed it off, I was left with a really gross, greasy film on my skin, but once that washed off, my legs and arms were baby smooth. Washing it off was a problem, though, as it took forever to remove the greasy layer it left, and I almost resorted to my dad's soap.

Since I got it at TJ Maxx, and it was less than half the price they're asking for their newer products on the website, I can't complain. It was a steal, and I do love a good bargain.

And so, my hunt continues -- today, as I ran out of a few things (yay larger empties post!) -- for a body scrub that meets my liking.

Would I repurchase it? ;; No.
 Where you can buy it ;; It is no longer for sale, but as stated in the caption, similar products are available on the GuyDeOn website.
Normal Price ;; $25.00, found at TJ Maxx for $4.99

This review is independent and in no way shape or form affiliated with GuyDeOn cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment